Wrinkles around the eyes usually appear as a result of aging. These are the fine lines that you normally see around the eyes or under it. But other than aging, it can also result from other factors or instances. For instance, if you smile and crinkle your eyes most of the time, you can develop crow’s feet or laugh lines. But how exactly does it form and what is the real reason behind this natural occurrence?
Research shows that wrinkles begin to appear around the eyes when people age. During the aging process, the skin starts to deteriorate and lose its health. As a result, it is not able to restore the essential proteins that the skin needs in order to maintain its elasticity and youthful appearance the way it used to. And since the eye area is the most sensitive part, signs of aging such as wrinkles tend to appear there first.
Though it is quite normal to have wrinkles around the eyes, most people hope to preserve their youthful look. So even if wrinkle formation cannot be avoided, a lot of people engage in various ways to at least slow down the process or make the lines less visible for some time. So how can you do this? Here are some tips that can help.
Tip 1: Consider Taking Preventive Measures
To get rid of your wrinkle problems, you can do the following preventive measures that can help you slow down aging.
- Increase your daily water intake to keep your skin moisturized and remain hydrated.
- Do not engage in smoking and other habits that only speeds up aging.
- Constantly protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Refrain from doing repetitive movements like squinting the eyes when reading.
- Eat the right food; Choose food with the most antioxidants.
- Cleanse your facial skin but do not overdo it. Frequent washing will let you lose your skin’s protective oils.
- Get enough sleep to allow your body to repair damaged skin cells.
Tip 2: Engage in Natural Home Remedies That Can Enhance Skin Health
There are remedies that you can do at home which can help you reduce wrinkles around the eyes or at least make it appear less visible. Some of these remedies are as follows.
- Massage the area around your eyes with the use of coconut oil, grape seed oil or olive oil. Apply pressure around the eyes in a circular motion to enhance proper blood circulation.
- Do an eye exercise to strengthen your eye muscles. Place your middle fingers in the area under your eyes and hold it there for at least 3 seconds. Try to lift it up with the use of your eye muscles. Repeat this for at least 10 times per day.
- Use homemade eye masks or creams which contain ingredients that are rich in antioxidants. These ingredients may include honey, cucumber, avocado, lemon juice and papaya.
Tip 3: Have a Healthy Lifestyle
To minimize the visibility of wrinkles around the eyes, you should have a healthy lifestyle that can free you from the harmful effects of free radicals. Eat right, live healthy and acquire enough amount of rest within the day.
Though there are a lot of commercial products and services that can help you get rid of dark eye circles and wrinkles, there are affordable yet effective means of doing it. With these three tips, you can learn to nourish your skin and somehow delay aging. Having wrinkles around the eyes can be unpleasant. If Botox, laser treatment and other surgical operations are not the options for you, you can rely on these tips to still manage to improve your skin health.